L. Nelson & Son General Store
A listing for L. Nelson & Son as owners of general store appears in the 1876/1877 Wisconsin Gazeteer. According to notes FOSH has on file, by an unknown person and unknown date, Carl Nygaard bought out the Nelsons. The last listing for L. Nelson & Son was in 1888. Nygaard's name does not appear in subsequent issues of the Gazeteer. There is however a new listing in the 1891 Gazeteer for a general store, that being Peterson and Hrmanson. Whether or not they occupied the former L. Nelson & Son building is unknown. According to Lillie Leppen's notes, a smaller building was located behind the main store where "he made lath fencing similar to snow fencing."