Community Hall
Construction of the Community Hall began in May, 1928 with a completion date set for July 1 of that same year. The first brick being laid less than five months after the Rink, which the comunities previous activity center, burned to the ground! A formidable achievment for the individuals responsible in planning for the Hall's creation. During it's 60 years of serving the surrounding area, the Hall was a beehive of activities, taking place within the walls were plays, basketball, games, dances, roller skating, Christmas programs, the annual Booster Club oyster stew supper, and numerous other events. The hall, along with the library and fire department, met their demise once the new Municipal Center was open for business in 1988. FOSH is interested in obtaining images of activities that took place here.